Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL: Student Book, Answer Key + Audio CD
English | 2005 | ISBN: 013193290X/0131933027 | English | PDF, MP3, NRG | 640 pages | 995.82 Mb
Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFLA (R) Test: Next Generation (IBT), a book/CD-ROM package written by Deborah Phillips, gives students all the tools they need to succeed on the new TOEFLA (R) integrated-skills test. Providing both a comprehensive language skills course and a wealth of practice for all sections of the test, the Longman Preparation Course is appropriate for courses in TOEFLA (R) Test preparation or as a supplement to more general English courses.
The Student Book features:
* Authentic material for all the new types of passages and questions on the test.
* Diagnostic pre-tests and post-tests that allow students to identify strengths and weaknesses and assess improvement in each section.
* Practice sections for the four skills:
o Reading provides practice exercises in the new test formats, including filling in a table or chart and paraphrasing.
o Listening provides authentic conversations between two people in an academic setting and academic lectures with new questions about a speakerís attitude or purpose.
o Speaking includes personal and expository tasks and integrated tasks.
o Writing consists of expository and integrated tasks: reading/listening/writing.
* Eight mini-tests that preview the testís integrated four-skills format.
* Two complete practice tests that familiarize students with the actual test format and timing.
The CD-ROM features:
* Completely different material from the Student Book.
* Practice sections for all parts of the test, including speaking.
* Eight mini-tests, and two complete tests.
* Pop-up explanations for all items on the CD-ROM.
* Easy-to-use scoring and record-keeping to monitor progress.
The Longman Preparation for the TOEFL Test: iBT Course Audio CDs contain recorded listening material from the Longman Preparation Course.Download